Friday, February 22, 2013

Koala Pals Children's

Koala Pals TM Children's Multivitamin Chewables 120 tablets $13.99*



This is a multivitamin designed for kids. Melaleuca's adult and child vitamins have a patent pending on a process that claims to deliver nutrients in a form that mirrors how they're naturally found in fruits, vegetables and whole foods (It says so on the label).

I'm not sure how well this 'patent pending' process actually adds to our health and neither does anyone else unless they do their research. It's also necessary to look at research with different findings to get a true picture. Does anyone believe that Melaleuca reps have done any research beyond the literature provided by Melaleuca? Not me! I wouldn't either if I ever became a rep because I have a life.

Claims aside, the vitamins taste of a nice berry flavor and my 7 yo likes them (So do I).

The bottle price is comparable to some store brands I've seen and probably worth a bit extra for a better vitamin. At least this is what I thought until I realized that kids my sons age need to take 4 of these things daily compared to the average 2 of other brands I've tried. This automatically doubles the price because you need double the dose.

One thing that is proven to work well for delivery of nutrients to the body are fruits, vegetables and whole foods. Even if this multivitamin turns out to be better, I'll probably stick to the cheap and nasty store brand from now on and spend my savings and healthy food like fruits, vegetables and whole foods.

Will I buy this product again? I might consider it when I need to buy something extra to reach my monthly Melaleuca point quota. I'll mostly consider this during cold and flu season when an better vitamin might be worth the extra.

Will I try Melaleuca's adult vitamins? Probably, but I've been secretly eating the child ones because they taste good. I hope the adult ones will be able to provide me with the same candy-but-good feeling. Watch this space.    

price to preferred customers

1 comment:

  1. Does this product stain the teeth of your kid?

    ReplyDelete