Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Vitality for Life publication


This is a free 31 page publication that came free with my latest Melaleuca order. It's all about health and contains lots of pictures of fit looking people. The aim of this publication is to teach us to "Achieve Vitality in every aspect of life" (quoted directly from the statement in the red band at the top of the page).

I found out from reading this publication that you can also get a free copy of 'Vitality Simple Steps to Your Ideal Weight' if you order one of their new weight loss packs. I'm intrigued about this diet because I've never followed an official weight loss plan before. I don't really need to lose weight, but I can always supersize myself to gain a few lbs, then test out this diet by trying to lose them. That's something to look out for in a later review if I ever get round to it.

Back to my review of 'Vitality for Life'. This issue (No.1) promotes some of Melaleuca's health products, but it mostly offers general health tips such as exercises to help slim your waste line and healthy meal ideas to boost metabolism for maximum weight loss.

I particularly liked the sections covering healthy foods that kids will eat and the low calorie cold weather comfort food recipes. Here is an example of low calorie cold weather comfort food:

Beef with Snow Peas
Calories per serving: 275 (with rice) 
Makes 4 servings.

  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp rice wine
  • 1  Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger root
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 lb. beef round steak, cut into thin strips
Directions
  1. Mix together soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch.
  2. Stir-fry ginger root and garlic in wok. Add beef until browned. Add snow peas to beef during last 2-3 minutes.
  3. Pour soy sauce mixture over beef and bring to boil while stirring, then lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Serve over 1/3 cup (97g) brown rice. (Adapted from AllRecipies.com)

I found this to be a fun read and potentially useful. I want to be healthier and I plan on using some of the meal ideas and doing the exercises that will supposedly slim my waist line. The problem here is that I'm still at the planning stage and far from the doing. What I really need is something that not only tells me what I should be doing, but also makes me actually do it. Melaleuca can't provide this, nothing can. This can only come from me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment